Whew! We've been keeping busy, busy, busy with our company and the time has just flown by! Hard to believe that they will be leaving in a few short days. Ethan is going to miss his personal assistants and Kaitlyn is going to miss having Betty play school with her for an HOUR at a time...!
On Friday the twins had off school so we went to the Jurong Bird Park. We hadn't been there before and unfortunately the kids and I didn't make it much past the playground/water park area. Tina and Betty struck out on their own to see the birds and than we all met up for lunch at the restaurant at the main entrance. My neighbor Melissa and her son Jack went with us as well. We came home for a few hours to rest up and than all of us but Ethan took off for the night safari at the zoo. We had a nice time there, as well, despite all the flashes going off on cameras after being repeatedly told NOT to use the flash!
Saturday we took off around 10:30 and after dropping off Kaitlyn at a playdate we headed to the Botanical Gardens to see the orchids and walked to Orchard Road to eat lunch at the Singapore Hard Rock Cafe (Kenton's pick!) Than we walked down Orchard Road (high end, up scale, not affordable to me, shopping) to the MRT station and went out to Sentosa Island. We took a cable car ride out to the island and as we were coming out of the building (Up 6 stories) I heard Ethan do a sharp intake of breath. I'm not sure that he didn't think we were going to fall! We walked around Sentosa for awhile before heading back home to give the kids supper and head them off to bed. Ryan, Betty, Tina, and I walked up to the Civic Center by Causeway Point Mall for some really good Thai and conversation sans kids:)
After church on Sunday we spent the afternoon relaxing by the pool to counteract the busy day we had on Saturday! Around 5:00 or so we walked up to the MRT and took the train to Clark Quay where Betty and Tina got to try Chili Crab (a Singapore specialty) at Jumbo Seafood Restaurant. We followed supper with a relaxing, sight-seeing trip down the Singapore River on a bumboat.
Today we dropped the twins off at school and set off through the wet market so they could see how the average Singaporean shops. We hopped on the MRT again and headed to Little India where we walked around and shopped until we were rained out! We ducked into this good little restaurant where we had our lunch. I have to admit I was a little skeptical when we walked in as it was a vegetarian place but my Asian noodles and veggies were GOOD! After Little India we took a cab home and relaxed until the kiddo's came home from school. They did homework and supper and than we walked up to the Civic Center again, this time for shoes for Kenton (his teacher called me this morning to tell me they had fallen apart at school!!!) and a hair cut for Ethan (you are welcome, Mom!) Than because everyone, including the adults, had been well behaved we got ice cream cones from McD's before walking home!
I will post pictures later when I've had time to upload them all onto the computer. I need to grab some off of Tina and Betty's camera's too and than we'll be good to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am sure Ethan is much improved with his haircut. Glad you decided against the pigtails, although, that could have gone into our picture album next to Ryan playing with a Barbie doll:)
Mom
Like Father, Like Son!
Post a Comment