Thursday, January 17, 2008

I was able to find a place to print photos last evening. Kaitlyn needed two pictures for school today - one when she was a baby and one from now. Thankfully I have a lot of pictures on our computer or she may not have had any baby pictures for the project.
Slowly but surely I'm finding most of what I need. I don't know if I mentioned the other day that I finally found a store that carries office supplies - it was tucked inside a book store and I NEVER would have looked there! I also found a bigger grocery store in that same mall - more choices, same prices. I found a box of Lucky Charms as a surprise for the twins - they are stale but the kids don't seem to mind! I was pleasantly surprised today when we opened a box of Wheatables from the same store that they are still fresh! That's a plus over here where the humidity is usually 70% or higher. The average rain fall for January is 7.8 inches - compare that to an average of 1.2 for Kansas city in the same month!
Kenton is home from school sick this morning and as you can see Ethan's thrilled that his buddy is home! I can't keep him away from Kenton so I'm praying that he doesn't get sick as well! He never sits on the couch when he's home by himself:) As you can see, Kenton is mad at me because I won't let him eat! That's the hardest part of the flu, I think!

Kenton's been into drawing Bengal Tigers lately:) Thought I'd share some of his recent art work! I like how they are smiling - are they looking at me thinking, "Lunch!"???


The video is from Ryan's recent trip to Macau up by China. He was there for the Adhesive Group's annual business meeting. He said that he was 6 stories up in the hotel and the water from the fountain was at least eye level with him at times! It is set to music which you may not be able to hear. He said that Macau was a lot like Las Vegas - just the China version. I think that he'll post his experiences for us sometime over the weekend:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Ryan - I can't wait to hear and see more about your trip. I'm really missing you guys, but I'm thankful you're doing well. Joan

Julie B. said...

Glad to hear you're continuing to settle in. Hope Kenton is feeling well soon. Easton is FINALLY beginning to feel better today, and he's ecstatic that he actually gets to have fruit loops for breakfast! He's been deprived of most foods for a week now. Love your updates! It's nice to see that Ryan is slowly easing into this blogging thing... can't wait to hear more from you! Have a great weekend. =0)

Anonymous said...

Becky,
I am checking in on you guys from the library. I don't have email/internet at home so this is how I will keep tabs on you. It sounds like God continues to provide for you. Why should we be surprised?? I am so excited as I read about all these new experiences you are walking through. This is an experience of a lifetime! It is freezing cold here today and I am thinking alittle heat and humidity sounds pretty good. Thad went to Chicago for the day today then tonight we have his company Christmas dinner. I am looking forward to a evening out! Becky, did you know Rebekah got announced to Jason Stoller from Princeville? We are excited! Better run, need to go home and feed Isaac!
Love, Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Becky and rest- We still read your blog daily sometimes checking it twice!! Sorry to hear Kenton is sick, its going around here still too! So far so good, I would hate to have to clean that up yet in my state!! It is windy and very, very cold today with negative wind chills. Enjoy your hot, steamy weather! Although, I am enjoying the snow. It's snowing again right now. What is the time difference between us, I would like to get skype setup and call ya. Take care and you can email me back if you want or have time with the info. Miss Ya, Marci

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

Elizabeth,
I'm glad that you found us! I had heard that Rebekah was announced but I don't think that I know him - WoW! You get through one wedding and now you have another!