Monday, January 14, 2008

More Pictures!

Finally I have some more pictures!


This is a view along the Singapore looking towards the ocean and the shipping harbor. You can see a huge Ferris wheel in the background - not sure that I want to go up that high...
This is Robertson Quay (pronounced "key") which is just across the street from our apartment. It contains many restaurants and shops and follows the Singapore River.
This is where we sit and talk to you over Skype and e-mail:) Just so you can picture us!
Ethan's enjoying his stroll along Robertson Quay! The Singapore River is behind him.
The financial district of Singapore is behind Ethan and I.
Kaitlyn and Kenton with their new scooters. When they start walking to school in February these will be a lifesaver! This was the first day out and when Kenton tried turning around too fast he wiped out. I was afraid at first that he had broken his knee but he just bruised it up a little.
Kaitlyn FINALLY got to put together her easel and draw on it! This was THE highlight of her week last week - we have gotten our money's worth out of it already, I'd say! Can you guess where we ate lunch that day??
Kaitlyn taking a break with her scooter.

Today is their first full day of kindergarten! I was a little more nervous than they were because they spend a full hour each way on the bus. They got on at 6:53am this morning (this is hard for the mom who normally doesn't have to see this side of 8 am!) and won't return home until 4:03pm - quite the long day! There was another little boy waiting at the bus stop this morning along with some other children so I think that helped Kenton. He was more nervous last night than he was this morning. I wanted to take a picture of them in their new uniforms but Ryan has the camera...maybe later this week:) They have one uniform for regular school days and one that they wear on days when they have PE. Our school sells a miniature version of both uniforms specifically for the American Girl dolls! They are cute:)

As I'm typing this Kenton's teacher called with a report on how his day is going! I'm so thankful to hear that he's doing well and seems to be making friends - this should help him to want to go back! She said that he held back at first but when he saw that the other boys in the class were all wanting to be the one to be his "buddy" for the day he relaxed a little. Hopefully Kaitlyn's day is going well, too. I noticed yesterday that when the teacher picked one of the little girls to be her "buddy" for today the rest of the class groaned in disappointment that they weren't picked! That should help them both to feel at home - I'm thankful that kindergartners are open to new friends and don't have "cliques" formed yet:) God provides yet again!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Singapore climate fits your family perfectly! Love those short sleeves:) LOL Joan