Saturday, January 5, 2008

Saturday, 5 January

Here are a few things that we found interesting that we haven't seen in the US.

In our kitchen above the sink is a drying rack for dishes. I think that this is because of limited space. Some of the apartments today that we looked at had them and some had them in other forms.
This is a washing machine and a dryer all in one little machine. Thankfully the apartments have provided an owners manual or I'm sure that I would end up drying my clothes first and than getting them washed!!
This is one of the views from our apartment. It's overlooking the Singapore River and a park area. It's an old area of town that used to be a canning district and ships would bring supplies up and down the river. Now it's a unique shopping and dining area and there are daily boat rides up and down the river for a historical tour.

We went apartment hunting today with all three kids. I don't think that we'll be doing that again soon. The place we are staying provides "professional minders" which basically are babysitters. They come right to your apartment to babysit so I think that we'll hire one for next week. I could have done that today but I felt it was too soon after arriving here to leave the kids with someone they don't know.

There is a grocery store right here by the apartment that's within walking distance. The kitchen is small so we'll be making 4 -5 trips a week to get what we need. It's called "Cold Storage" and you can find a lot of the same things that you can in the US. I haven't really put it to the test by looking for ingredients for a recipe yet:)

Yesterday and today started off cloudy with the sun coming out around 9:00am. It stayed sunny until about 3pm when it rains until about 5 or 6 pm. Our realtor told us that this is usual Singapore weather! Right now it's POURING rain - only one little clap of thunder so far! I'm hoping for a good thunder storm or two!

Well, Ethan is taking a nap and I'm thinking about joining him - we're still working on the time difference:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The view is beautiful! Thanks for the update, I depend on it!! Love and prayers, Joan