Friday, January 11, 2008

Yuuummmm! - Oh and Brian's back!

I discovered tonight that if you take Australian beef and add salt, pepper, onion, lots of cream of chicken soup and sour cream you hide the taste of the beef:) I suppose that also defeats the purpose of eating meat but it worked for me! The twins kept saying, "This tastes like Kansas!" I also found out today why it tastes different. I met someone from Australia today while the kids were swimming that told me the beef is grass fed instead of grain fed...she actually doesn't like the taste of grain fed beef...imagine that! :)

One thing this woman also clued me in on which I had already seen to some extent is how the Asians will stop in the street to touch and talk to your baby. She said they especially like little boys. BUT, it's not okay to do the same to their children! She said that sometimes you need to ask them to back off. She also said that they have ended up in a lot of pictures with Asians as they seem to think that we are something to take a picture with - like a scenic view! So different than back home! Can you imagine walking up to someone who looks different than you saying, "Can we have our picture taken with you?" Puts you on celebrity status, I suppose!

I got a "hand phone" yesterday evening so now I can call Ryan when I'm out and about and I'm lost! It's cheaper than the US even though they charge extra for caller ID and voice mail. I've already got about 5 people in my address book:)

What I have to say next will only mean something to those of you who were at our wedding when I almost married "Brian"! The flowers we received the other day were addressed to "Brian and Becky" and our Realtor sent an e-mail earlier to "Brian" - So I've concluded that it must have been "Brian" that I moved over here with! He has popped up every once in awhile during our (almost) 10 years of marriage!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your updates, Becky. I came across your Christmas letter and was glad to see your blog address as I was wondering how it was going for you. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ryan and Becky! Glad you are settling in, hope things are going well. We'll be thinking of you and praying everyone adjusts quickly. Keep up the blog! Love ya, DeAnn

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

DeAnn - I left you a post on your webpage - we are thinking of you and praying that you can be granted patience as God's timing is worked out!:)

Thanks Jeff and Jill!